The power of good questions
13 July, 2020 - 2 min read
Get in the habit of asking yourself quality questions. It's important.
Quality questions can have a huge impact on your life's trajectory. They allow you to:
- Increase your clarity
- Identify what is making your life better/worse
- Increase your creativity
- Challenge long held or unquestioned assumptions that are holding you back.
But most of all quality questions allow you to course correct (your life).
Asking yourself quality questions is like looking down at a map and checking where you think you are with where you actually are.
Examples of quality questions:
- What would the smartest version of me do right now?
- What would make me the most proud?
- What will I regret not doing?
- What could I do in the next 30 minutes that would really help me?
- What if I had to do it in 30 minutes?
- What would this look like if it were easy?
I find Sunday's are a great day to reflect with a notepad and ask myself a few questions. It often leads to clarity and ideas that I can action during the week.
Asking yourself quality questions is the best way to self check you haven't wondered off your desired path through life.
You don't want to wake up in 10 or 20 years and wonder how did I get here?
Ask yourself some quality questions today.
I highly recommend it.